Have you thought about what you are going to wear on your CBC and this winter? Well you need to start, because the elements can be brutal and certainly taxing on your body. If your not dressed properly you are going to get cold the minute you step foot outside and promptly go home.
I would rather have to unzip or open up a layer to cool off than to be cold at anytime, anywhere on my body in winter outside! If you don’t stay warm & dry all over, then something is not working the way it should be in the system that you have and wear. Layering is the key but done properly so as to keep warm and dry. In the photos the outfit I am wearing, I have NEVER been cold once.
Some of it I mix and match of what and how long of a day I am spending outdoors. Including just how cold it is out and what type of adventure I am going on. My suggestions below will keep you warm and dry but at a price when all is said and done. You won’t have to buy again unless your still young and growing. That is worth it to me for all the times I spent money on gear that just didn’t work at all. Buy once and be done with it!
These suggestions are geared to outdoor activities who are out in the elements all day or standing around for long periods of time waiting for something to happen.
- Socks ~ Fits. Light & Medium hikers. https://www.fitssock.com/
- Long Underwear ~ Hot Chillys, La Montana Bottom & Top Yoked Zip-T. https://www.hotchillys.com/ or silk underwear http://www.wintersilks.com/
- Turtle Neck – I like next to my skin then Hot Chilly’s Top Yoked Zip-T.
- Windpants ~ Marmot PreCip Shell Pants http://marmot.com/search/precip-pant
- Arcteryx Micon Pants ~ Insulated http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Pants-Shorts/Micon-Pant
- Hiking boots ~ Lowa Renegade GTX Mid & Renegade III GTX Lo both with GoreTex and have both of them. https://www.lowaboots.com/
- Baffin Artic Boots ~ Icefield – super insulated. Rating -100°C/-148°F. Women: http://www.baffin.com/category_s/12.htm
- Muck Boots ~ Edgewater Hi, Artic Sport Hi – walking in water suberb!
- Super Feet Insoles ~ I have the green & merino grey ones. https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/
- Gloves ~ North Face TNF Apex Glove light & Gore-Tex Ski Gloves. https://www.thenorthface.com/
- Hat ~ Turtle Fur Beanies. http://www.turtlefur.com/
- Jacket shell and or insulated ~ Arc’teryx http://www.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&category=Jackets
Additional Gear click here. Winter Gear